> Products and Services > Cargo Companion
Cargo Companion is the industry's most comprehensive asset tracking solution that provides location and temperature information for your time-critical, high value, and temperature sensitive cargo. Designed for Freight Forwarders, Couriers, Perishable Commodity Shippers and Shippers of time-critical and high-value items, Cargo Companion helps Shippers improve operational efficiency and minimize the impact of delays across the supply chain.
This GPS device provides Customers with the following:
Check out our case studies with Lasership, Quick International Courier, and a white paper featuring Cold Chain Technologies. And if you are interested in learning more, view a brief but informative video on Cargo Companion.
Today, our Customers are using Cargo Companion along with shipments including:
- Wireless Asset Tracking capabilities monitor the location, shock, light, temperature, pressure, and humidity of cargo during transit.
- Continuous Monitoring and Tracking by Air Waybill capabilities enable Customers to track the status of their cargo on swacargo.com.
- Prompt e-mail alerts help you initiate contingency plans by providing an early warning notification in the event of an unavoidable delay or spoilage. Customized e-mail alerts also tell you when your shipment has arrived safely and on time.
Additional details on Cargo Companion:
- Customers with existing accounts can obtain multiple Cargo Companion tracking devices in advance, to be used as needed, by contacting their local Cargo Area Sales Manager.
- Customers can also prearrange Cargo Companion for Next Flight GuaranteedSM (NFG) service for the following day, by contacting the Customer Care Center at (800) 533-1222 before 5:00pm central time.
- Customer Care Center hours are 6:00am-9:00pm (central time) Monday-Friday, and 8:00am-5:00pm (central time) Saturday-Sunday.
- The Wireless Tracking Devices will be shipped to you, to be packed with your cargo.
- Tracking device numbers are added to your air waybill.
- Cargo Companion accompanies your shipment beyond the Southwest Airlines flight-right up to the consignee.
- Complimentary reverse logistics are included. The tracking device measures just 5 inches x 3.8 inches x 1 inch. Once your shipment has arrived at its destination, simply return the device for subsequent use.
- Customers must have an account in order to ship using Cargo Companion and Customers must comply with the guidelines in the Southwest Airlines Cargo Contract of Carriage.
- Service is not available on Sunday.
- Service is not available with interline partners.
- Pricing is provided on a transactional basis. Volume discounts are available. For more information, contact your local Cargo Area Sales Manager, or call the Customer Care Center at (800) 533-1222 today.