> Shipping > Shipping to Canada
- Service to Canada is available from the 68 cities Southwest Airlines serves and the additional Road Feeder Service locations. Check out the Southwest Airlines Cargo route map to view our breadth of service or view our flight schedule for additional information.
- Only Next Flight Guaranteed (NFG) and FREIGHT service is offered.
- Any shipment susceptible to damage with ordinary care and handling, high or low atmospheric pressure, or changes in temperature must be packaged and labeled appropriately.
- Standard shipping criteria applies.
Rates and Payments
- For international shipments, the standard cutoff times apply except for Las Vegas (LAS) and Orlando (MCO) which is 150 minutes (2.5 hours).
- All shipments must be prepaid.
- All rates are based on U.S. dollars per pound.
- Excess Valuation may be declared.
- Warsaw Convention limits apply to all shipments.
- Fuel and Security charges apply.
- The Canadian Consignee will pay destination fees which include NAVCAN (Navigational Canada) and Import Service Fees.
Shippers Export Declaration (SED)
- US Customs and Border Protection requires that all international cargo air waybills must be typed or machine generated. There is a $20.00 air waybill preparation fee to have a Southwest Airlines Cargo representative complete your air waybill at the time of shipping.
- The U.S. Department of Commerce requires Shippers to file an electronic SED through the Automated Export System (AES) for export shipments valued greater than $2,500 USD. Export shipments to Canada are generally exempted from the SED requirement under the terms of an agreement between the U.S. and Canadian governments. However, goods requiring a U. S. export license or goods being transshipped through Canada to a third country must still meet the requirement for SED submission through AES. For more information, contact the U.S. Department of Commerce-Bureau of the Census-for SED information and exemptions.
- Other documentation such as a Commercial Invoices or Country of Origin certification may be required, based on the government requirements of the destination country or the commodity being exported from the U.S. It is the Shipper's responsibility to comply with all U.S. export requirements and all import regulations of the destination country.
- To learn more, view our international shipping instructions.
- All shipments to Canada transfer from Southwest Airlines Cargo to WestJet Airlines Cargo in Las Vegas (LAS) or Orlando (MCO). The flying of these shipments from Las Vegas or Orlando to Canada is performed by WestJet Airlines. Due to time requirements, only Next Flight Guaranteed (NFG) and FREIGHT services are available to Canada. Southwest Support® service is not available to Canada.